- 102 acres – mostly wooded
- 1.1 miles of Mahoning Creek (open to public fishing)
- 3.9 miles of trails (some seasonal use)
- two softball fields
- one lacrosse/multi-use field
- concrete skatepark
- covered bridge (w/ accessible fishing platform)
- year-round restroom facilities
- 20′ x 50′ pavilion (seats 75) w/ electricity and fire pit
- 12′ x 15′ wetland wildlife viewing blind
- picnic tables and charcoal grills near sports fields
The Hess Recreation Area was the first property managed by MARC. Located just outside of Danville (behind Perkins and the Continental Fire Co.; from PA-54, turn onto Montour Street, then right onto Meadow Lane; follow Meadow Lane to the park entrance road). Driving directions are available by clicking here. The park offers recreational opportunities for a wide range of users. Everyone from organized teams to individuals of all ages can find something to do on the grounds. The park offers a place for history, science, nature, athletics and just plain goofing off!
The softball fields, lacrosse/multi-use field and pavilion are available for rental. To learn more about reserving a field or the pavilion at the Hess Recreation Area, please click the button below.