- 102 acres – mostly wooded
- 1.1 miles of Mahoning Creek (open to public fishing)
- 3.9 miles of trails (some seasonal use)
- two softball fields
- one lacrosse/multi-use field
- concrete skatepark
- covered bridge (w/ accessible fishing platform)
- year-round restroom facilities
- 20′ x 50′ pavilion (seats 75) w/ electricity and fire pit
- 12′ x 15′ wetland wildlife viewing blind
- picnic tables and charcoal grills near sports fields
Located just outside of Danville (behind Perkins and the Continental Fire Co.; from PA-54, turn onto Montour Street, then right onto Meadow Lane; follow Meadow Lane to the park entrance road; driving directions are available by clicking here.), the Hess Recreation Area offers recreational opportunities for a wide range of users. Everyone from organized teams to individuals of all ages can find something to do at the site. The park offers a place for history, science, nature, athletics, and just plain goofing off!
The softball fields, lacrosse/multi-use field, and pavilion are available for rental. To learn more about reserving a field or the pavilion at the Hess Recreation Area, please click the button below.