The Hess Recreation Area was the first property managed by MARC. Located just outside of Danville (behind Perkins and the Continental Fire Co.; from PA-54, turn onto Montour Street, then right onto Meadow Lane; follow Meadow Lane to the park entrance road). Driving directions are available by clicking here. The park offers recreational opportunities for a wide range of users. Everyone from organized teams to individuals of all ages can find something to do on the grounds. The park offers a place for history, science, nature, athletics and just plain goofing off!
The softball field, soccer/lacrosse/multi-use field and pavilion are available for rental. To learn more about reserving a field or the pavilion at the Hess Recreation Area, please click the button below.
- 102 acres – mostly wooded
- 1.1 miles of Mahoning Creek (open to public fishing)
- 3.9 miles of trails (some seasonal use)
- one softball field
- two soccer/lacrosse/multi-use fields
- concrete skatepark
- bike skills area
- covered bridge (w/ accessible fishing platform)
- restroom facilities
- 20′ x 50′ pavilion (seats 75) w/ electricity and fire pit
- 12′ x 15′ wetland wildlife viewing blind
- picnic tables and charcoal grills near sports fields